Express an Interest
HOW WE SELECT OUR WORKSPACE TENANTS
- We support people who need affordable space (generally artistic, creative, tech and community organisations).
- We also choose based on local connection – this can be a number of things from living and working in Hastings, having a locally rooted business (employing or procuring locally) or having aspirations to contribute to local life (social benefit, cultural contributions) – preferably all of the above !
Enthusiasm for our ethos
- We share a broad set of values about the importance of affordable space, creativity, neighbourliness and local social impact. We will invite tenants to join us who align with our values.
- Along with paying capped rents, our buildings work because of a very strong ethos of cooperation, mutual trust and respect. That’s between the tenants, and between tenants and WRNV as owner/developer.
- Our ethos has spread to the Heart of Hastings CLT so we’re starting to build up an ‘ecosystem’ of local buildings (39 Cambridge, 12 Claremont) run in the same way which share values and resources between them.
- Our buildings are ‘community self managed’ meaning all tenants are expected to work together to contribute to the physical and social upkeep of the building. This is just as important as your rent.
- BEFORE expressing an interest think about how you might tangibly contribute to the Observer Building and linked buildings.
Please fill in the below form to express an interest in renting space in the Observer Building.